DEFLECTION TO SPAN RATIOS
• For a resilient, non-fatiguing, comfortable feel use the STANDARD deflection to span ratio of 1:120.
• For an elevated installation, where a solid feeling is desired, use a deflection to span ratio of 1:180 (NBC-85).
A deflection to span ratio greater than 1:100 (1%) is not recommended. Do not exceed .5" (13mm).
• Determine the type of loading: concentrated or uniform.
• Estimate the load and determine the span.
• Decide what maximum deflection is appropriate solid, standard or 1%.
• Enter the appropriate 1" (25mm) table. If the deflection is less than the maximum selected, choose the 1" thickness.
• It is more economical than 1.5" thick panels. If the deflection or span is too great for 1" thick panels, select 1.5" thick FRP Grating and design your support system for the appropriate span.
• Select the resin system.
• Panels are designed to be supported on all sides.
• Use end clips if panel ends cannot be supported.
• Use hold down clips to prevent panel drift.